“Financial inclusion is a key determinant of sustainable and inclusive growth, which in turn is essential for building an equitable society”.
- Pranab Mukherjee, then-President of India, circa 2012.
“After three decades of innovation and unprecedented expansion of access to financial services for the underserved, leaders are now faced with a new question: how to leverage the potential of this broader financial access to foster entrepreneurship, reduce poverty and improve well being”.
- Harvard Kennedy School, “Rethinking financial inclusion: Innovation for policy and practice”, Evidence for Policy Design (EPoD) Program. ©Harvard University. Retrieved June 2018.
“Effective supervision is key to the success of financial inclusion efforts”.
- Christine Lagarde, IMF Managing Director, “Financial inclusion: Macroeconomic and regulatory challenges”, Opening remarks at an IMF-CGD conference dated 11 April 2016.
Image source: CGAP
Gen Advisory’s focus on financial inclusion encompasses the following topic areas:
• The supervisory and regulatory aspects of financial inclusion;
• The linkages between financial inclusion, stability, integrity and consumer protection (“the I-SIP Objectives“);
• The potential for FinTech to promote financial inclusion; and
• Financial inclusion for women.